Warning: Use of undefined constant simple_breadcrumb - assumed 'simple_breadcrumb' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/unirelo/public_html/wp-content/themes/unirelo/single.php on line 28
The words Customs Clearance in your quote should not be confused with Customs Duty. Customs duty is a charge levied on your shipment by the Central Board of Excise and Customs in India.
Smart Shipper Tip # 9:
You can get concessions on duty if you are eligible for Transfer of Residence (TR). See next question for more on TR.
Customs clearance is the process where we act as a licensed clearing agent on your behalf and provide the following services.
- Getting the Delivery Order for your container from the Steamship line
- Presenting the Delivery Order to Customs and your Bill of Lading to customs and filing a manifest for your shipment.
- Arranging for the container to be trucked to the customs bonded warehouse for inspection
- De-stuffing your pallets using a fork lift
- Arranging for customs inspection of your shipment
- Providing you with the Customs officer’s duty assessment
- Remitting duty with customs after we receive payment from you
- Sending you the official customs receipt
- Arranging for your items to be re-packed and loaded for delivery after customs inspection