Job code : EIC103
Location : San Francisco Bay Area, New York / New Jersey
Job Description : We are looking for a qualified candidate for our Export/Import Department. Ideal candidate will possess previous Sales/Traffic/Customer Service experience for Export/Import air/ocean shipping, FCL/LCL rate quotations, booking cargo on vessels/flights, cargo releases, intermodal operations, documentation and inside sales related to the Export/Import field.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and includes bonus / incentives.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide pricing information and rate quotes to customers.
- Receive and process FCL/LCL orders; schedule and book containers for shipment with steamship lines.
- Arrange for trucking and warehousing when required for cargo.
- Rate negotiation with steamship lines and agents.
- Bookings / AES Filing / Documentation / Insurance.
- Establish relationships with agents and carriers that guarantee efficient and accurate routings and billings.
- Interface with domestic and overseas offices representatives and agents to resolve problems.
- Provide information to customers on disposition of their cargo and provide outstanding customer service.
- Effective communication with customers, steamship lines, agents, truckers and warehouses by email, fax and phone, to provide information on available services, shipping and cargo bookings.
- Enter all information and data in computer system on a continual basis.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
Although not mandatory, it is preferred that candidate has knowledge of:
- Export Administration Regulations.
- US Customs AES
- FMC Rules and Regulations
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 2 years of Customer Service experience required.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good organizational and analytical skills; ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle a large volume of work while maintaining focus on the customer; Works well under pressure; flexible and outgoing team player.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
Written applications explaining your suitability for the position, together with a current resume should be sent to: [email protected]